- September 24, 2019
- Posted by: elegentcoders
- November 25, 2019 - November 27, 2019
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
ABOUT THE COURSE
Fundamentals of Project Management course will provide the learners with project management insight and knowledge, skills tools and techniques. It seeks to close the gap between general understanding of project management and the industry best practice. This course will capacitate learners to be able to execute planning activities, manage the project and undertake effective reporting during the life span of the project. This course is aligned to Unit Standard 120372, at NQF Level 4 with 5 Credits.
The alignment between organizational, divisional and project objectives are clearly illustrated and explained. In three days learners will be exposed to local and international project management case studies and the course provide extensive practical exercises that enable the learners to put their knowledge of the project management onto the test under the guidance of an experience project practitioner.
The following are the core topics that will be covered during the duration of the course.
- Project management in business context
- The types of structures in project management
- Project management constraints
- Fundamentals of project management life cycle
- Fundamentals of project planning
- Fundamentals of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK)
- Project planning techniques
- From project planning to project execution
- Project management monitoring and evaluation
- Best practice in project reporting
- Best practices in project closure
In delivering our learning and development interventions we have adopted a blended learning approach. Blended learning is the combination of instructor led training and online adaptive learning that offers the learner an optimal learning experience. Furthermore we have adopted a case study based approach in rendering learning and development services to our clients. Case studies bring interesting, real-world situations into the classroom.